Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune, comprising of Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Pimpri, Pune, was accorded the status of University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, vide Notification No. F.9-39/2001-U.3 dated 11th January 2003 of the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Secondary & Higher Education, New Delhi,
and (ii) Notification No.F6-9/2003 (CPP-I) dated 24/01/2003 by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
Education is much more than the mere collection and distribution of knowledge. It offers intellectual hospitality, opportunities for innovation, creativity; power of thought and imagination. It envisages development of character and inculcation of a firmness of mind and zeal to offer one's best to the world. Education is the means of unfolding moral and spiritual potentialities of men.
To help build an enlightened, culturally and economically vibrant India developed through education in diverse disciplines.
To contribute to the socio-economic and ethical development of the nation, by providing high quality education through institutions that have dedicated faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure, and are capable of developing competent professional and liberal-minded citizens
With this mission the University has been providing high quality education in the Faculties of Medicine, Dentistry, Allied Medical Sciences, Nursing, Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, Management and distance learning through seven institutions. In each programme the University ensures the provision of high quality education, the pursuit of knowledge and the creation of new ideas.
The Vidyapeeth has been Re-accredited by NAAC with a CGPA of 3.62 on a four point scale at 'A' Grade.
- The Vidyapeeth has been Certified with an ISO 9001 : 2008
- The Vidyapeeth has well set objectives and goals.
- All the constituent units have a state-of-the-art infrastructure and qualified faculty.
- The Medical College is one of the few colleges in India that was allotted post-graduate seats immediately after the first batch of MBBS students graduated.
- The MBBS degree of the Medical College has been recognized by the Malaysian Medical Council making graduates of the college eligible for registration and practice in Malaysia.
- The Dental College has received 'A' Grade from NAAC in 2007. It was then only the second institution in India to be so graded.
- The BDS degree of the Dental College has been recognized by the Malaysian Dental Council making graduates of the college eligible for registration and practice in Malaysia.
- The University is a Member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as well as Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
- The Medical and Dental Colleges have together secured the maximum number of student research projects from the ICMR – 10 in 2006, 33 in 2007, 26 in 2008 and 17 in 2009.
- The University offers diverse spectrum of courses ranging from Diploma to Super Specialty Courses in the Faculty of Medicine and Ph.D. in other faculties.
- Advanced curriculum.
- Formal and informal needs assessment and course evaluations are carried out by the Vidyapeeth.
- Feedback is obtained from academic peers, employers, faculty, students and alumni.
- Group discussions, seminars, journal clubs, case presentations are held regularly to complement traditional class room teachings.
- Faculty development programmes are initiated and utilized.
- Student counselling centre, grievance redressal cell and parent-teacher associations are functioning.
- Student progress is closely monitored and communicated to parents/guardians.
- Necessary ambience is provided to encourage innovation and creativity among students.
- Campuses have got modern Information Communication Technology (ICT) facilities.
- Promotion of Research, Extension and Consultancy activities are encourage.
- Emphasis on all-round professional development among students.
- 1GB internet connectivity for the campus under National Knowledge Network.